Today, I’m sharing a still life shot and quick review of another book I have called “Stocking Up III”. If you missed last week’s post, I reviewed “Putting Food By”.
This is another great book on preserving foods. It includes articles similar to the last book I reviewed about
- Choosing Vegetable and Fruit Varieties
- Harvesting Vegetable and Fruits
- Underground Storage
It also includes chapters about Juicing, and several chapters about Dairy Foods
- Storing Milk, Cream and Eggs
- Homemade Butter
- Homemade Cheeses, Yogurt and Ice Creams
as well as Meats, Poultry, and Fish plus it includes chapters about Nuts, Seeds, Grains, and Sprouts……and LOTS of recipes!
The book I have was published 1986 and written by Carol Hupping and the staff of the Rodale Food Center.
You can find a newer version of this book on Amazon.
This is another one that I’ll be updating and I’ve used this one quite a bit.
I’m sharing a recipe from this book today. Mmmmm good!
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1/3 cup mild-flavor honey
- 2 cups yogurt
- Cook blueberries and honey together for about 4 minutes. Let them cool completely.
- Place blueberry mixture in a food processor and process for a few seconds, or until thoroughly blended.
- Fold in yogurt.
- Freeze, then process again if smoother texture is desired.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Until next time,
Hugs and Have A Creative Day!
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase through these links, you’ll help support Cheryl McCain Photography!