I’ve got a recipe for you and not only will this recipe go in My Country Kitchen category but the Blog Every Day In May category as well. Our prompt for blogging today was to write a how-to post. I thought sharing a recipe from My Country Kitchen would be a great how-to and the best part is, you can save or download it……my little gift to you.
We had this a couple weeks ago and it is de-licious! I found the recipe on Food by Sweety SJD.
NOTE: You can eat this alone or top some tortilla chips with it. My husband ate it alone and I put it on the tortilla chips which was like a taco salad to me….except tastier! Now on with the good stuff!
That’s it for today. I hope you try this recipe……..it’s very good!
- 3/4 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 (2-1/4 ounce) can black olives, sliced, drained
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- In a large saucepan, bring rice and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes until tender.
- In a bowl, combine beans, corn, tomatoes, salsa, sour cream, cheddar, pepper and rice. Transfer to a 2-1/2 quart baking dish coated with nonstick spray. Sprinkle onions and olives over top.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Sprinkle Mexican cheese over top. Bake 5-10 minutes more until cheese is melted.
- Let stand 10 minutes.