I’ve missed several days in a row of my 31 days of writing and as I thought about it today…..the idea came to mind that our computers need organization and decluttering as well as the rest of our home. We DO have computers or we wouldn’t be posting for 31 days of writing at all!
So, I decided to list some things we can do to organize and declutter our computers.
- Do you have tons of files and folders on your Hard Drive and/or your External Hard Drive that you haven’t used or maybe don’t even need anymore? Let’s take a few minutes each day, look through our Hard Drives and use the good ole DELETE key.
- Keep the Recycle Bin emptied.
- Run the Defrag at least once a month if you use your computer on a daily basis.
- I run a program called “CC Cleaner” that cleans ALOT of junk from the computer, such as temporary internet files, little files that build up from all the software we use and we don’t NEED all those little files. This program will find and delete them. It also has a Registry Cleaner in it that can find and get rid of files left behind when we uninstall programs from our computer.
- BACK UP – BACK UP – BACK UP!! Do you have a back-up system in place? I think this is one of THE most important things you can do for your computer and YOUR peace of mind. I use Crash Plan. It has unlimited storage and VERY reasonably priced and even has a FREE plan for backing up locally.
And how about your photos and/or digital scrapbook supplies?
- I use Lightroom for my photos and Photoshop Elements Organizer for my digi supplies. I have a few Lightroom tutorials here on my site but if you’re wanting to learn Lightroom, here’s a great place to go: http://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/lightroom-training-videos And if you’re wanting to learn about Photoshop Elements Organizer, here’s the site I recommend! Digital Scrapbooking HQ with Melissa Shanhun.
- And again…….BACK UP – BACK UP – BACK UP!
My question to you is: Do you do any of this on a regular basis? I’d love to hear. I know I could do much better about keeping my computer cleaned and SHOULD set up a schedule for its maintenance. Peace of mind is what we’d get!!
I hope you enjoyed my post today for the House and Home category of 31 days of writing.
Thanks for stopping by, Hugs and Have A Creative Day!