I found this Royal China Chef’s Salad Bowl several years ago in an antique shop. I have collected quite a few Royal China Pie Plates but didn’t even know there was a series of these bowls called the “Garden Classic Series”. Now I’ll be on the lookout for them.
I’d like to share the story behind this series and Royal China before posting the recipe……which is from the front/inside of this bowl.
Taken from the backside of the bowl:
“The recipe has been carefully selected for its taste appeal and kitchen-tested to provide you with a truly fresh, flavor-filled salad. In ancient China and Rome, a salad was any edible herb or plant dressed with salt. Over the years, salads have expanded to include a wide variety of ingredients and dressings. Each recipe in the Garden Classic Series represents the finest of today’s gourmet salads.”
This Royal China Bowl is a product of the time-honored American pottery craft centered in Sebring, Ohio.
I find these things interesting and hope you enjoyed the post today. Feel free to print or save the recipe below.
Hugs from My Country Kitchen!
Now, on with the recipe from the front of the bowl.
- 1 head lettuce
- 1/2 lb. romaine or endive
- 1/2 Cup chopped green onion and tops
- 1/2 Cup sliced celery
- 3 hard cooked eggs, sliced
- 1 Cup each: julienne strips cold cooked meat (ham, turkey, beef) and Swiss cheese
- Clean and dry greens. Break into bite sized pieces. Add remaining ingredients, arrange as desired. Chill until ready to serve, then lightly toss with French Dressing. Serves 6.