I’d like to be able to say that the Buttery Blueberry Cobbler recipe was my own……but it came from one of my Gooseberry Patch Books. I have a collection of these and simply MUST do more baking from them along with practicing my food photography.
I picked fresh blueberries from my garden today and couldn’t WAIT to try them in a recipe. This was the result of the Buttery Blueberry Cobbler on page 150 of the Country Baking recipe book. Image shot STRAIGHT from the oven…….before we ate it!
I’ve already tried it and it’s yummy! You can also use other fruit in this recipe. It would be great with vanilla ice cream OR a dollop of whipped cream.
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Melt butter in an 8x8 baking pan.
- Stir flour, one cup of sugar and baking powder together.
- Add milk and stir until batter is smooth.
- Pour evenly over butter; do not stir.
- Mix berries, lemon juice and remaining sugar in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and pour evenly over butter and batter; do not stir.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
That’s it for today. If you try the recipe, let me know what you think. I’d love to hear.
Hugs and Have A Creative Day!